“I have always loved nature, both because I live in a paradise and because it is a perfect machine. A machine that, slowly and inexorably, we are destroying.
Every time I decide to feel good about myself I start with my backpack. Taking my cameras with me, I know that I can immobilize every detail that Mother Nature offers us. For me this is very important and it’s not just about taking wildlife photography and hiking, for me it means being able to pass down a world that, I hope not, is dying. I always try to capture the most significant glimpses and to transmit, through my slides, the same sensations I feel when I meet in these corners of paradise, to hear the music of nature with all its rustles and bird songs, to feel the smells of earth, grass, air, feel the cold of the snow or feel the skin being caressed by the warmth of a sunset … ”
Printing plays a very important role in photography, for me an unprinted photo is a photo left to die.
Quality printing brings the shot to life, bringing with it all the emotions experienced at that moment. Photography is made of emotions and is a means to transmit what our eyes are interpreting with our heart.
PROFESSIONAL photographer who dedicates his activity to OUTDOOR photography. Born in 1978, he has always lived in Scheggia, in Umbria, where thanks to the Monte Cucco Park, he spends most of his time with the reflex in hand.
Nature has always been part of Mauro, a perfect machine (a paradise as he calls it). He has a large and constant list of courses and workshops, on the various basic and advanced photographic techniques, both related to nature and to professional photography.
For him, photography means passing on and preserving a world that we are slowly destroying.
Some of his images have appeared in magazines of reference for fly fishing (Mauro is also an established fly fishing photographer in Italy but especially abroad), such as “FlyFishing & FlyTying” (English magazine), “FlyLine” (Italian magazine ), Seatrout.dk (Danish magazine), Fiskefeber (Swedish magazine) and collaborates and has collaborated with various important realities around the world: AVALON Cuban Fishing Center, Denmark Fishing & Outdoor Lodge, Catch Outddor, Sky Pesca Channel, seatrout. dk, Havorred Fyn seatrout Fishing, Fly Fish Europe, Canon Italy, Nikon Italy, Costa del Mar.
- From 1988, at the age of 10, an unbridled passion for nature and photography is born, a child who falls in love with a print that is still hanging in his room, a print of what will become one of the main subjects of his photos “Rio Freddo”..
- In October 2010, his images relating to the naturalistic publishing project of the Province of Perugia, the book “Liquids and Crystals”, were exhibited at the European Parliament in Brussels.
- Since 2010 he has dedicated his photographic activity to two important projects, one related to nature and one related to fly fishing
- In 2015 Nikon School publishes an article related to travel photography and fly fishing photography in Northern Europe (HERE you can find the article).
- In February 2015 he is recognized as an artist and photographer in fly fishing in America and his name is published alongside those who are the greatest photographers in the industry on midcurrent.com.
- In October 2016 he is a professor at the photography workshop “While Siena sleeps” which inaugurates one of the most important international photographic events, the Siena International Photography Awards.
- In November 2016 Canon Italia, during the presentation of the Canon 5D mark 4 in Rome, interviewed Mauro as a testimonial for the photographic print with Canon HDBOOK.
- In December 2016, on the Voglio Vivere Così blog, an interview comes out where they talk about how Mauro has changed his life.
- In February 2017 Mauro is a speaker at the Pescare Show in Vicenza as an international fly fishing photographer.
- In August 2017 an interview with Mauro and his nature photography on Canon Professional Photo Edition is published.
- In October 2018 Mauro is part of the team of speakers of the Brain Campus in Perugia presenting nature photography.
- In December 2018 he presented the Monte Cucco Regional Park with his shots in his native town, Scheggia and Pascelupo.
- In October 2019 he participates as a speaker at the Festival della scienza di Fermo – Fermhamente, presenting a seminar where he highlights how “observing” makes the difference in today’s world more and more.
Now Mauro Barbacci is working on a very important editorial project and the creation of artistic images that portray nature. His passion for nature and photography led him to constantly organize photographic appointments in nature.